Responsible Adult In Child Care Setting Course
Course Dates & Times:
Friday, April 26th, 9:00am - 4:30pm
Saturday, April 27th,9:00am-4:30pm
Sunday, April 28th, 9:00am - 3:30pm
1/2 hour for lunch break - Please bring your lunch
Cost: $150.00 includes workbook
Prepayment is required. Cheque or cash. Registrants must cancel one week prior to start of course in order to receive a refund. Original receipt must be provided.
Location: CCRR office - 32386 Fletcher Avenue, Mission
To Register/or get more information contact Sheryl or Joanne at
604 826 6194
This course was developed by Westcoast to meet the requirements for 20 hours “Responsible Adult” training as stipulated by the Child Care Licensing Regulation. Through interactive sessions, it covers basic concepts about:
- Child Growth & Development
- Guiding & Caring for Children
- Health, Safety & Nutrition
- Learning Through Play
Instructor: Glenda Hemminger
Glenda has proudly been working in the child care field for the past 30 years. She began her career in Manitoba working with children & families in a variety of child care settings. She taught Early Childhood courses at Red River Community College in Winnipeg. Glenda was a Coordinator with the Manitoba Child Care Office before moving to British Columbia. Glenda worked with the Chilliwack CCRR for the past 20 years. She looks forward to sharing her passion for child care with those getting into the field.
· Licensed Family Child Care
· School Age Group Child Care (licensed)
· Occasional Child Care (licensed)
· As a replacement or substitute/casual on call for Early Childhood Education Assistants in licensed group child care centres or preschools.
· Casual family drop-in programs, family child care assistants or other related positions
· For more information read the Child Care Licensing Regulation at: www.health.gov.bc.ca/ccf/child_care.html
This course meets the training requirements to become a Registered License Not Required (RLNR) with the Child Care Resource and Referral.